One of my favorite things to eat is salad, but I don’t like boring salads. My friend Justine, makes this salad, which is one of my favorites…I’m always excited when she says she is bringing it! I’ve made it myself before and it is simple and most people love it!
Here is the recipe:
- 2 Bags of Spring Lettuce
- 1 Bag of Butter Lettuce
- 1/2 Shallot Chopped
- 1-2 Bags of Candied Pecans (depends how sweet you want the salad)
- 1 box of strawberries sliced thin/2 pears sliced thin/1 bag of organic dried cranberries (or any combo of the three) **The fresh, slice strawberries is my personal favorite**
- 1-2 Containers of Crumbled Cheese (Tine prefers feta, but you can also use Gorgonzola–also depends on how cheesy you want the salad)
Put the lettuce in first, I like to use one of the disposable trays with a lid when I am bringing the salad to an event. Then sprinkle with all the remaining ingredients.
For the dressing, Justine always makes a homemade dressing, and here is the recipe for that:
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- 1/2 a Tablespoon of Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup of Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Onion Powder
- Teaspoon of Salt
- Teaspoon of Pepper
Put everything in a bowl except the olive oil and whisk it together. Then constantly whisk, as you add in the olive oil for a creamier balsamic vinaigrette.
Note: You can use any type of Vinegar in this dressing (ie. White Balsamic or Apple Cider Vinegar)
Hope you enjoy this salad, as much as I do!!! Thanks for sending over the recipe Tine!!!!
Thanks for reading and have a fun day 🙂
Here is my picture of the day…
Tine and I on my Wedding Day!!! ❤