This recipe is not one of my own, but it is one that is certainly delicious. I made these a few years ago for dinner one night, as Dan LOVES chicken parm. They were really easy to make and would be fun to make and bring as an appetizer! The original recipe can be found at: http://www.daydreamkitchen.com/2012/12/amazing-chicken-parm-meatballs/ The recipe itself calls for fennel seeds, but I personally do not like fennel seeds, so I did not include them. I will put it on here, as this is not my recipe and you may love fennel seeds–so here it is!
You will need:
- 1 1/4 pounds minced chicken
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 egg, whisked
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 14-oz canned pizza sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees with the rack near the top.
- Throw in all the ingredients – except for the last 3 – into a bowl, and mix well.
- Make meatballs with your hands, and arrange them on a foil sheet
- Open the canned pizza sauce, and in bowl, mix 1 spoon of the sauce and 3 tsps olive oil.
- Use a brush to rub the mixture on the meatballs.
- Put in the oven and bake for 15 mins.
- When ready, take out from the oven and add some pizza sauce to the meatballs.
- Slice the cheese and place a slice on each meatball.
- Turn heat on to highest, and insert the meatballs again for 3 to 5 mins for the cheese to toast.
- Empty out can of sauce into a pot/pan and heat up.
- Remove meatballs from oven and drop the heated sauce onto the meatballs, as the final touch before serving.
Thanks for reading and have a fun day 🙂
Here is my picture of the day (from Daydream Kitchen)…