So, these cookies can’t exactly be filed under the healthy recipe tab, but they are worth the calories and so addicting. My Mother-in-law made these before, and decided to make them again for Miranda’s shower on Sunday. They are really cute with the rainbow sprinkles and look fun on a platter. They taste like a very delicious little shortbread cookie! She got the recipe from here: http://pinkpiccadillypastries.blogspot.com/2014/02/fairy-bites.html
You will need:
- 1/2 cup of butter, slightly softened
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 tsp of almond extract
- 1-1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 4 tsp of multi-colored nonpareils
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees. Line 8 inch square pan with plastic wrap or parchment paper leaving a 1 inch overhang.
- Combine butter, sugar and almond extract in medium bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Reduce speed to low, add flour and salt. Beat until well mixed. Stir in nonpareils.
Knead mixture 4-5 times in bowl until dough forms a ball. Pat dough evenly into prepared pan. Use overhang to lift dough from pan. Cut dough into 1/2-inch squares.
Gently place squares 1/2 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake approximately 15 minutes or until bottoms just begin to brown.
Now for the hard part…try not to eat the whole batch of cookies!!!
Thanks for reading and have a fun day 🙂
Here is a picture of the Fairy Bites that Granny Janie made for this weekend…
Oops, I ate one…