My blog has definitely taken a pregnancy turn…sorry if it’s boring you, it has pretty much taken over my body and life–so I think it’s safe to say I think about it often.
Anyways, my pregnancy has certainly been an interesting time for me. I’ve had ups and downs and wide ranges of emotions. It has been challenging for me at times because so many people have asked how wonderful it is to be pregnant and truthfully there have been some not so wonderful times. I try to stay positive and think of the end result. I can’t wait to be a mom and bring a baby girl into this world, but I would be lying if I said I have felt like the whole process of being pregnant has been wonderful. I would say it is more challenging than it is wonderful, but I’m grateful and appreciative that I have the opportunity to be pregnant and I feel very blessed.
That being said, there have been a few things that have helped me get through my pregnancy. I decided to share them as people often want to get a little gift for friends, family members or colleagues when they find out they are expecting.
In no particular order here are my favorites:
- Traditional Medicinals Pregnancy tea (http://www.traditionalmedicinals.com/products/pregnancy-tea/) this tea has been one of my favorite ways to start or end a busy day. My sister sent me my first box early on in my pregnancy and said she really liked it. I love unsweetened tea, so I tried it out and love it. I have made it iced and drank it hot. It’s just soothing for me.
- AZMed Maternity belt (https://www.amazon.com/AZMED-Maternity-Breathable-Abdominal-Support/dp/B0113WE0QS) I am pretty short (5’2″) and for some reason started showing pretty early. My full-time job is a pharmaceutical sales representative. I spend majority of my day on my feet and walking around. This maternity belt has saved my back. I was hesitant about buying it because I wasn’t sure it would make a difference, but boy was I wrong. I wear it every day and on days that I’ve felt especially uncomfortable I have slept with it on. It is seriously the best!
- Mother’s Blend Body Oil (https://www.amazon.com/Mothers-Special-Blend-Natural-8-Ounce/dp/B0000536EK) my sister also sent me this body oil which I love. I was so worried about everything I put on my body in the beginning of my pregnancy. This oil is great because it is moisturizing and easily spreads. I have a very fair complexion and I’m prone to itchy skin in the fall and winter months. I also get really bad eczema. This stuff has been amazing and prevented itchy skin and eczema outbreaks.
- Burts Bees Belly Butter (https://www.amazon.com/Burts-Bees-Belly-Butter-Ounces/dp/B00DM14TYC) this is another option for moisturizing post shower. I love this belly butter. It’s thick, but not too thick. I love the way it feels.
- Sunbeam heating pad (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005NZ66KU/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1484834676&sr=8-2&keywords=sunbeam+heating+pad) my husband got these heating pad for me for Christmas and it really is the best. It’s bigger than the one we previously had and it heats up so fast. This is something else I love to start and end my day with. Apparently some OBGYN’s don’t like when their pregnant patients use heating pads. My OBGYN told me heating pads are totally fine, just be sure to use them in the low to medium setting. I use this heating pad on level 3 and it feels amazing.
- Bravado Essential Embrace nursing bras (https://yummymummystore.com/bras/bravado-essential-embrace.html) I had to upgrade my bra collection pretty early on in my pregnancy. I think I was around 4 months. I went to the Yummy Mummy store on the Upper East Side one day, and it was such a great experience. The girl who helped me was so knowledgeable and listened to everything I said, which can often times be rare in retail. The underwire of my normal Freya bras was starting to really get uncomfortable. I would end every day in pain, so I decided to go to Yummy Mummy and see if they had any good options. I bought two of these Bravado bras (black and nude) and love them. They are so comfortable. In the beginning of my pregnancy I even slept in them because they made me sleep better. I tell all my pregnant friends about them. They also come with an extender for when you begin breastfeeding, or if you end up growing through your pregnancy. If you are in the NYC area, I highly recommend taking a trip to Yummy Mummy (side note: I also ordered my breast pump that was covered by my insurance through Yummy Mummy–it was super easy and they have directions in the store, they also have a few of the pumps in stock so you can go and look at them and ask questions).
- A large water bottle (I have this one–http://www.gocontigo.com/24-oz-autoseal-west-loop-stainless-travel-mug-open-access-lid.html) my husband thought I completely lost my mind when I asked him one day at Target if I could get this water bottle. He thought it was insane that I wanted to spend $30 on a water bottle. I tried to explain to him that I needed this water bottle for my pregnancy. He finally agreed and I’m so thankful he did. I have never consumed so much water in my life. I am ALWAYS thirsty. I bring this with me to work and try to refill it. It never spills, and it keeps the water cold for majority of the day. I just can’t say enough good things about this water bottle. It’s the best.
- Comfy sneakers (http://m.zappos.com/p/nike-orive-nm-black-anthracite-white/product/8334356/color/120870?ef_id=WH5V9AAABBJD1IxR:20170119143118:s) I am obsessed with wearing sneakers. I will sometimes just wear them around our house because they really do help my back. The bigger I get the harder it has become to tie them, but I usually just put my feet to the side of my body and still manage to tie them! I occasionally have to have my husband help me get some of my shoes off at the end of the day. I also have these slip on ones that I bought for hiking Belize on our honeymoon and I wear these a lot too: http://m.dsw.com/shop/product/search/357224 they aren’t the most stylish but they are comfy. I initially bought them because they were super cheap at DSW. I thought I would throw them out in Belize but they ending up holding up so well they came back home with me haha.
- Bissell Steam Mop (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0091YYUAM/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1484836859&sr=8-2-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=bissell+steam+mop&psc=1) kind of strange that I put this on this list, but this steam mop is amazing and one of my favorite things to use to clean during my pregnancy. It works so well on my tile and hardwood floors. I don’t have to bend besides plugging it in and it works fast. I prefer to clean our house because it makes me feel productive, but it takes forever. This steam mop really minimizes the time and all you need to use it is water!
- Lots and lots of pillows–I don’t have a link for this one because pillows are such a personal preference. My sister used one of the U shaped pregnancy pillows which she let me borrow. In the beginning of my pregnancy I loved it, but it became uncomfortable for me at about month 4 or 5. Now I just use 4 regular pillows for my head and shoulders and one regular pillow on each side of me. So ridiculous, but I always sleep through the night, which pregnant people say is rare!
These are all I can think of for the moment, but if I think of more, I will add them with links!
Hope you all have a happy and fun day 🙂
These made me laugh too hard not to share them…